Thursday, January 24, 2008

We're still Alive, Despite being Frozen!

O.K., So we haven't been very bloggy this month but it's hard when you don't have any good pictures! We still don't have a digital camera so it's sorta hard to post anything interesting. Anyhoo, I will try to keep you all updated without the fun photos. So, here's the news: We still haven't found out where the heck we're going this summer for the internship! so Jared is just going to classes and Brody and I are posting his resume like crazy at any potential internships that pop up on the school website. Jared always comes home and asks "Where did I apply to today?" He knows I can't just sit by and wait for the career fair. I am a bit obsessive about it, I admit. We will probably know by Febuary where we are going so that will be good,.. Except then I won't have anything to do.
It has been a hard month for my side of the family and that's probably why I haven't blogged much. It's so much easier to share good news than blah news. My brother's daughter, Whitney, is making progress at primary childrens hospital but slow progress. I will see if I can post the care site so you can all hear updates from the horses mouth, if you are interested. He explains how she's doing very clearly for us non-medical types. We just got some bad news about my fathers Leukimia. It seems that it has taken a bad turn and he, most likely, will only be able to have one more round of chemo therapy. This is also explained better by my brother on the care site. Then Beth got evicted from her apartment yesterday. We are all so mad about it. She had the best roommates and they were so helpful to her with her anxiety. I told you this months been a downer. I am sorry there is nothing really interesting to report except that I am becoming an expert on writing reports on Construction. Ha, Ha, Ha.... Anyway, we miss you all... come visit us!... Love,.. Jared, Mary, and Brody

4 comments:

The Caywood Family said...

That does sound like a hard month. Hey if you need anything just let us know. It will be hard when you leave for the summer. we are so used to having you so close. we love you.

The Corbetts said...

Thanks for blogging and you probably already heard that we are coming to see you the first weekend in Feb. Sorry about your fam. glad to hear that whit. is progressing. I'll call ya and talk to you more later okay love amanda

Daniel said...

We love your site! Fun pictures. Oh, and just to clarify, Dad can have more chemo after this round if needed. Edwin was I believe just saying that he will be sick like last time. We are praying for him, and Beth. Our kids are well and we are getting along fine. I'm busy with the residency stuff, and looking into getting a house in Puyallup, WA. I'm directing the choir and teaching gospel doctrine tomorrow and so i gotta go. Love you, Daniel and Family

The Corbetts said...

you've been tagged check out my blog